Language Camps

Since 2015 We have been offering a Language Camp for foreign language students who want to spend time living at The Moy Riding Centre with the added educational bonus of 6 hours of english lessons each week.

Unlike other english language courses who might offer horse riding a few days of the week as part of the package, we offer a complete horse riding immersion package with english lessons, from a qualified TEFL teacher. Our foreign students live at The Moy Riding Centre in the main house, with their own bedroom, in the care of Helen Fox. Riding lessons are held 5 days a week, and there are always plenty of local irish students on site during their stay.

Typical Day for a Foreign Language Student

We provide 1 excursion per week, fully paid for, to either Dublin City (Trinity College, Viking Splash Tour and The World Famous Dublin Zoo) OR Irish National Stud & Japanese Gardens in Co. Kildare. The student is free to choose whichever trip they would prefer.

We accept foreign langauge students from the age of 10 to 17. Foreign Language students will each have their own bedroom and share a bathroom and seperate shower room with the resident Irish students.There is a private student lounge with an open log/turf fire and a DVD player, plus a large DVD collection to suit all ages and tastes. We also have a beautiful garden area with a pond where the students can relax in the evening, particularly in the summer months.

Camps are held throughout the summer holidays and also at mid-term breaks (Halloween, Christmas and Easter). If you are interested in sending your child at a different time, it's possible arrangements can be made.


€500 non-refundable deposit on booking. Balance due on day of arrival. Discount of €100 for second week.

Available dates: 1st-8th June, 8th-15th June, 15th-22nd June, 6th-13th July, 13th-20th July, 20th-27th July, 27th-3rd Aug, 3rd-10th Aug, 10th-17th Aug, 17th-24th Aug, 24th-31st Aug. These may be booked in two week blocks, if desired.

Please ensure that all students travelling have their own personal accident insurance policy. The Moy Riding Centre has public liability insurance but we do not carry a personal accident insurance policy for each child.

For more information on enrolling your child for one of our total immersion Horse Riding language camps, please contact Helen.

Information and Consent Form